Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Sort of Funny: Tea Party Tax Day Hip Hop Performance Gone Right?



When I was teaching a course on hip hop culture a few years ago one of my students asked me to define "flow." If I was teaching the class now, I would have shown him this video and said "flow is the exact opposite of what these guys have."

No taxation without representation? Me says I be confused. Regardless of the validity of the tea baggers implied claim, you do have to admire the gall with which those knuckledraggers so recklessly and easily appropriate history to serve their political ends.

2 comments:

The Black Bot said...

"We're not racist." Lol. If you constantly have to defend yourself by saying you're not racist, you are, my friend.

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

The audience in the video sure didn't look like they were feeling the music. Not even a head bop. Nada.