Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Day Hip Hop Died Part 2: Who Wins this Batttle? Eli versus Reh Dogg



Here is some Sunday afternoon fun for you all. In the spirit of Mad Max: Beyond the Thunderdome (wasn't the theme song amazing?), I bring you the battle to end all battles. No, it isn't Rakim versus Kane (a dream match-up) or Hova versus Nas or Biggie versus Pac...oh no! This battle is THE titanic struggle for hip hop supremacy in the 21st century. In the left corner I present quasi-mentally retarded high school emcee, Eli, a wordsmith of the first order:



In the right corner stands Reh Dogg, the spawn of Rubik's cube (his effort to channel Gza or Rza), the master of disaster and poor video production. Random factoid: I think I may actually know Reh Dogg from my time as a radio dj on WVOF 88.5 FM in Connecticut...what a small and horrible world in which we live:



Regardless of the outcome we can all take solace in the fact that either of these "MC's" is better than Lil' Wayne.



You make the call! Who is the winner in this awe inspiring clash of the Titans?

6 comments:

black magic woman said...

that is some depressing shit. wow.

RiPPa said...

In spite of the fact that Reh Dogg's "Why Must I Cry" is still one of my favorite songs ever - a song which completely kills Jay Z's "Song Cry". I gotta give it up for my man Eli on this one. What can I say; I'm partial to the Biz Markie look and facial expressions. Nothing spells pain more than that to me.

gordon gartrelle said...

Reh Dogg can't be serious. That has to be a joke.

And as terrible as most of Lil Wayne's music is (he's arguably the most overrated rapper ever), he's not close to being the worst rap has to offer. He's occasionally creative with his flow at least.

chaunceydevega said...

@gordon--soft bigotry of low expectations, lil wayne is garbage. and yes, this is absolutely real inmao.

@rippa--did biz markie every out himself as having down syndrome?

@black magic--no this is empowering, you, me, and anyone can do better than these clowns.

chauncey d

Nicola said...

Wow... I've been avoiding Lil Wayne for a while. Did dude really compare himself to VD and menstruation? Wow. I guess if it rhymes and sounds deep... it works. I guess.

Kmoney said...

now doesn't Eli currently have a recond on the charts? something about hopping out of bed and putting his swag on....