Sunday, November 30, 2008
Some Sunday Post-Thanksgiving Travel Goodness: Sex 2k Furries and Plushies
The other day I shared my love of Richard Bey. Today I share my love of plushies and furries--and no, I am not a plushy or furry--but this MTV special is one of the greatest things to ever air on the old television. Things to watch for: The confused mother who desperately tries to understand her son's "lifestyle" choice; the careful attention to detail in the costumes; the utter sadness/happiness of finding others who also share the furry/plushy value system.
One random thought. I did my cursory survey for black and brown folk in these videos and thankfully found none. But not to hate, I am sure there is an Asian brother somewhere in this video because many folks be into such things.
Now, in the interest of openness and transparency I have to ask myself, Who would I be if I were a furry? Upon reflection, I think my top choices would be Chewbacca, a Snork, or Ookla the Mok. These characters would most certainly capture my inner beast.
Grrr I am a bear. Just had to say it:
Other questions to ponder:
1. What is the formative furry experience? Was it a childhood trauma? Or was it a childhood love affair with a teddy bear or other stuffed animal a la Stewie and Rupert on Family Guy?
2. How many children staying at the hotel during the convention will forever remember this weekend as the one during which they were traumatized by the site of furries getting it on in the elevator?
3. Isn't it damn hot in those suits? Wouldn't that inhibit the lovemaking?
4. Is there an equivalent group to PFLAG? Is there a Parents and Friends of Plushies and Furries support group out there?
5. If one were to be a respectable negro plushy or furry, what character should one choose to be?
6. And the biggest question of them all: who would win if the furries were to compete against the Klingons in a bowling tournament?