Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chauncey DeVega's World of Ghetto Nerds: Rejoice! The Large Hadron Collider will be Activated Today



Ghetto nerds rejoice because history will be made later today when the Large Hadron Collider is activated on the Franco-Swiss border. This amazing device will recreate the beginnings of the universe at the time of the Big Bang and allow scientists to create particles, and observe phenomena, that to this point, have only been the stuff of imagination. I love theoretical physics. I will say it again, I love theoretical physics. Now, there are some Luddites who believe that the world is going to end, that we will unleash energies which will destroy the Earth, or that our world will be swallowed up by a black hole. This is all rubbish, come tomorrow we will be smarter as a species as we take a few more baby steps forward in our knowledge of the natural world. I may not be religious, but I am very spiritual. It is in these moments that my faith is renewed because science does in fact help us to understand the mind of God.

Here is a little more theoretical physics goodness as my boy Mr. Michio Kaku explains multiple universes and parallel dimensions:

No comments: