The pressure on Obama in regards to religion is bordering on absurd isn't it? So, in the spirit of the "I have never" game (you all have played that one, right?), I have decided to share some of my favorite "I have nevers":
1. From the movie Conan the Barbarian: "Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"--
2. On Iraq, Donald Rumsfeld's observation that: "I Have Never Painted A Rosy Picture’ About Iraq."
3. Ted Haggard on his liaisons with hot, sexy, gay escorts: "I, I've never had a gay relationship with anybody and I, I'm steady with my wife. I'm faithful to my wife":
4. The famous (and damn fine) actress Hedy Lamarr once said: "I have never liked bargains when it came to sex."
5. The great Winston Churchill: Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room:
6. Mark Twain: "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." And a clip from Black Knight, the classic adaptation of Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court:
7. And our first black president, Bill Clinton on his affair with that cochina Monica Lewinsky: "I never had sex with that woman."